October 3, 2017

September Empties



Before I start this post, I want to wish everyone a HAPPY MEAN GIRLS DAY! Yes, it is once again October 3rd and as we all know, "on October 3rd he asked me what day it is." The best holiday of the year. The best movie ever, 11/10 would recommend.

Anyway, since it is October 3rd, September has obviously come to an end and that means it's time for another monthly empties post! I didn't finish a ton of products this month, and I'm also not decluttering like I have in previous posts, but some of these I have been working on for a while and I'm happy to have finally finished them.

If you are new here, I'm doing my best to go cruelty-free with my makeup but I am by no means an expert. I've marked any products here that, based on my research, are not cruelty-free but I encourage you to do your own research if that is important to you, too!

Redken All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner 1000 ml bottles (not cruelty-free)
I'm both happy and sad to have finished these massive bottles. I bought them in July 2015 during Ulta's big haircare sale. I've been loyal to this line for years, but sadly I will no longer be able to repurchase them. If you have dry, damaged hair I would give these a try. They're pricey but worth it in my opinion! I've replaced the shampoo with the Klorane Desert Date shampoo and the Living Proof Restore conditioner.

Lush Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo
I gave this sample a try when I first ordered from Lush, and I liked it enough to use it up but I'm not a fan of the scent. It doesn't smell like honey to me and I don't think it cleansed my hair as much as my beloved All Soft did.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Cherry (not guaranteed CF)
I've decided to err on the safe side with Batiste, so I have not repurchased my holy-grail dry shampoo. I loved this cherry scented one and this was the second bottle of it I've gone through! I've replaced it with the Not Your Mother's Clean Freak dry shampoo, which I'm having mixed feelings about.

Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover (not CF)
I used up my first bottle of this just a few months ago, and this was another one I had open and had been using simultaneously. They really take forever to go through, I use it every single day and the two bottles lasted me at least two years! It removes eye makeup better than anything else I've tried, and it's really gentle. I have at least two more bottles of this on backup so I have replaced this bottle with another of the same.


Bath and Body Works Mango Mandarin Body Lotion
I was so close to finishing this that I put it in my Project Pan and started using it every day on my feet and legs! I used it up in no time. I like Bath and Body Works lotions but this scent was not my favorite, so I wouldn't repurchase this exact scent. If you like citrus scents this might be for you!

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
I can't remember when I first bought this, so it seemed like a good time to replace it. This is the sponge that made me fall in love with a damp sponge for foundation application! It's quite affordable and bouncy, many people think it's the best alternative to the Beauty Blender. I haven't tried the Beauty Blender to compare, but I'm happy with this option from Real Techniques and I'm going to stick with it. Repurchased.

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara (not CF)
This mascara has been the talk of the town it seems! It is really good, definitely a dupe for the Too Faced Better Than Sex, but I had a few issues with it. Namely that it dried out so quickly and started to clump for me. I've replaced it with a sample of the Pur Fully Charged mascara.

Hanalei Lip Treatment
I got this in an Ipsy bag and included it in my Project Pan. I go through lip balms like a mad woman, so I had no problem finishing it up. This is a thicker balm-like consistency and smells like vanilla. I think it's really similar to the Glossier Balm Dotcom, but I prefer the coconut one from Glossier! This is also more expensive than the Balm Dotcoms, so I wouldn't repurchase it.

Declutter:

Inglot lipstick in 249
This is the only product I'm decluttering this month and it is a frosty pale pink lipstick from the brand Inglot! I bought this a few years ago and I never reach for it, so it's time to let it go. The formula seems nice and I like the scent of it, so I would consider buying a different shade from Inglot in the future.

Have you finished any products recently?

Xx Katie



14 comments on "September Empties"
  1. I finished a lot of skincare recently and specifically I need to repurchase my Clinique Take The Day Off balm. Also finished my Thermal Spring Water.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of SanityBurberry Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for October the 3rd and Mean Girls! Also, I've had mixed luck with Lush shampoos. They usually smell lovely but I find that they really dry my hair out, or weigh it down. I've heard great things about that Lash Paradise mascara, it's on my wishlist! xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read great reviews about this mascara and I was planning to try it myself, too bad it dried quickly, how long did it take to dry?

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About two months! It didn't help that I scraped off the excess product and it all clustered around the top of the tube.

      Delete
  4. I love the RT Sponge one of my fave beauty sponges :)

    Kayla
    Sheer Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now I'm curious about the Pur Mascara. I've never tried a mascara from Pur. Their new palette looks really pretty. Have you tried the L'Oreal Sponge? I love it.

    Jennifer | Mrs Q Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, I've heard good things about that one as well!

      Delete
  6. The real techniques miracle complexion sponge is amazing! I have been using it to apply my cream products for ages now, and I can't go back to using brushes now. It's even better damp!
    www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the RT Sponge! So good for foundation. I'm in the market for a new mascara, so maybe I'll give the L'Oreal one a go!
    www.millievyse.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to try that mascara! Hope I find it in the stores soon xx

    Carolina's Makeup Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove the batiste dry shampoos! I haven't tried that scent since I don't think it smells nice, but I have tried others. I really like them :)

    Heidi ✨ | Heidi’s Planner | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi all,
    Read my testimony!
    Getting ex back after a breakup.
    My boyfriend of a 2 year just broke up with me and am 28 weeks pregnant. I have cried myself to sleep most of the nights and don’t seem to concentrate during lectures sometimes I stay awake almost all night thinking about him and start to cry all over again. Because of this I end up not having energy for my next day’s classes, my attendance has dropped and am always in uni and on time. Generally he is a very nice guy, he ended it because he said we were arguing a lot and not getting along. He is right we've been arguing during the pregnancy a lot. After the break up I kept ringing him and telling him I will change. I am in love with this guy and he is the best guy I have ever been with. I’m still hurt and in disbelief when he said he didn't have any romantic feelings towards me anymore that hurt me faster than a lethal syringe. He texts me once and then mainly to check up on how am doing with the pregnancy, he is supportive with it but it’s not fair on me, him texting me as I just want to grieve the pain and not have any stress due to the pregnancy. I was really upset and I needed help, so I searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Ahmed can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and I did it then he did a spell for me. 28 hours later, my boyfriend came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promise never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. I and my boyfriend are living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr Ahmed. as it is a place to resolve marriage/relationship issues, do you want to be sure if your spouse is being faithful to you or Do you want your Ex to come back to you Contact.: E-mail: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com call/whatsapp: +2348160153829 save your crumbling home. I suggest you contact him. He will not disappoint you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Click and find out more about the store's website!There are many beautiful dresses.jadegownshop 2 in 1 sequin dress reviews You will love it!jadegownshop party wear gowns with prices reviews

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9